Trying to find the perfect dress for New Years Eve is always a struggle. From too pricey to too revealing, it can be difficult to find the dress that checks all the right boxes. To help, I’ve scoured hundreds of dresses and pulled the best dresses for gals on a budget (like me!).
As a mother, I prefer to keep my style more on the elegant, classy side but don’t mind letting my wildly sexy side come out from time to time. So the collection below includes dresses that are conservative to revealing, and everything in-between. Check out some style tips below as well!
New Years Eve Dress Style Tips:
- High-neckline dresses are so in right now, but if you have a wider top half (arms, shoulders, bust), you may have a hard time finding the right cut that holds you in while also providing flattering lines.
- Velvet is another ‘in’ this year so go ahead and select a velvet dress because who knows when they’ll be back in style!
- Red is the color of passion and is known to trigger amorous feelings in men – yes, the color red makes men more attracted to the wearer so slip on something red for your NYE date!
- Glitter or sparkly dresses are far from the norm on a normal day of the year, but NYE is not a normal day! Have fun and dare to venture outside of your comfort zone if you aren’t sure, you’ll be glad you did once the compliments start rolling in!
- When it comes to fashion, stick by the rule that if you show more skin on the top, add more fabric to the bottom – and vice versa! For example, a strapless sweetheart neckline with a midi skirt would be perfect. If you break this rule, you start to run the risk of going from classy to trashy.
No matter what dress you choose for NYE, you will look fabulous! The best thing you can put on is a smile and a good sense of humor. The rest is just the packaging.
Here’s to a Happy New Year filled with happiness, health, and success!